On Wed, 07 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> 1) Netscape to use my windows directory so I can read mail from either OS (when I
>contract in some Access Work, I can't pick my OS, and there's no good FTP client for
>Linux, like Cute-FTP, not to mention the win-modem thing)

This would be next to impossible due to the problems in
file locking between Fat/Fat32 and EXT2 FS. There are
currently kludges, but it's a good way to scramble your
DOS/Windows file system if you're not careful.

> 2) On an install / upgrade, all I'd really want in an upgrade is a chance to choose
>amongst saving all the more common settings (users , home directory settings for
>root, apache settings, mysql settings etc..) everything else can be Wiped and
>re-installed, it's easier and generally less problem-prone, IMHO

Good point!

> 3) A semi-Gui or full-Gui kernel re-compile script / program.

Make X-config (or is it Xconfig, or xconfig....) anyway,
it's already there!

> 4**) More push from Mandrake to get win-modem
> drivers for their distro, even binaries. >

Sure they're common, but why the heck would you WANT to use
a WinModem? WinModems suck BIG time! I have one built-into
the motherboard of one of my computers and I've disabled it
completely because I couldn't get it to work. Same thing
with the "on-board" ethernet in the same system. It was a
piece of crap NIC.
        John