Frankl says "To put it simply, we MUSTN'T judge Bush, because we have no idea
what he knows.."
I say very wrong statement,,, absolute power corrupts absolutely. We MUST
Judge the Government continueally, if we are ever to hope to have a
government "by the people, for the people and of the people".

I think it was also Frankl that said "I just compared Mr.
Bush's speech with the speeches of Hitler and Goering in 1939."
I would love anyone that has studied Goering-Hitler to apply the same
standards and study Rush Limbaugh-Bush. That is a thesis I would read and
give much consideration to.

 LX says "cause he got well over 9 standing ovations that I could count".
 I could be wrong here, but in the past I had seen (some where damn if I
remember where now) that an "average" for standing ovations at a State of the
Union Address was 21.

Damian Gatabria  said "Hard to see.. the future is. Always in motion it is....
impossible to see."
Yoda, read from you again, good it is.

James Sparenberg says; "How about if I, an American, Vetran, and Native born
Citizen.  Call him the scariest thing I've ever seen."
How about I, an American, Vietnam Veteran, and Native born Citizen who can
trace his roots back to the pilgrims and Jamestown on one side, and the
Revolutionary war on the other side, says a damn loud; "ME TOO". Just wait
till it's Jeb's turn to be Prez. (2008) he is a lot smarter than Geo, and
that will be even scarier.

Dallam Wych says; " It costs a lot of money to keep troops stationed on
foreign soil, plus it pumps a lot of money into countries that dispise you
anyway."
unless the US Military decides to have truly "Universal Conscription" we will
always be giving the "countries that dispise you" a reason to dislike the
USA, since we are sending the underclass (economicly and social skill
classes) to their soil. unless people like the Bush family (and lots of other
Politically connected families) are required to send their children to war
and not allowed to avoid the dirty parts of war (like pulling dogtags off
dead bodies or packing body bags, or marking where body parts are found with
flags after a jet crash, or seeing the face of someone that is "kill or be
killed" for you.) then The USA has no moral high ground to stand on, in my
opinion.

Praedor Tempus Atrebates said;
 "This is WAY offtopic and would be better suited for an alt.* newsgroup.  As
a US Desert Storm veteran and now reservist, I think I can speak for EVERYONE
that Bush is an idiot, in fact, he truly is the most ignorant, ill-educated
president that the US has EVER had and that his actions, politics, and
behavior is an unfortunate expression of this fact.  Lets just leave it here
at what we ALL can and must agree on because these are simple, objective
facts.

There, all fixed.  Now this topic can die."

Well said Praedor.

Having lived a few years "on the economy" in Germany, and having had business,
personal and political problems with the Bush family, being a Democrate from
Miami-Dade County Fla. and having generations long family friends and
neighbors of the Reno family (Janet's dad and my mom worked together for many
years),  I my have a somewhat different view about this than some, and I sure
love to put my useless -.02$USD view here too. altho I will NOT speak about
the personal and business problems I have had with the Bush family, just
leave it that the business was in real estate. and the personal stuff
involved Donald Rumsfeld and Bush the senior in the time frame between 1969
and 1980 (sometime in there, that ought to be vague enough to keep me out of
further trouble)

IMHO, the German view of Government is much more "business like" than the
American view. American Government seems to be very "idealistic" and often
will pass and enforce laws that are not really "by the people, for the people
and of the people" in spite of any mandate. That's why we had laws like
liqueur prohibition, and the Federal criminalization of Marijuana, (even
where the popular vote has "legalized marijuana" the federal government steps
in and says basicly, "we don't care what laws you pass, or that over half the
people in the USA have done it, we ain't gonna allow this to be legal". It is
a big business, and there are lots of folks in the "inner circles" making
lots of money from it being against the law. In the USA you can not just go
to the Apothecary and pick up a concentrated caffeine drops to help stay
awake or loose weight ($15.00USD and 10 min. time), since we want you to have
to see a doctor, ($70.00 TO $100.00) then go to a drug store and pay an
outrageous amount of money for a drug to loose weight or stay awake (80.00 a
month), and then to find out the drug will kill you 10 years from now due to
some organ it weakened. To me, this is the difference, very thrifty and
business like to just get what you want with the min. of interferance, as
opposed to a bunch of laws (designed to make it "safe") creating a buracracy
far more expensive than just "neccessary".

I think we can agree that no one on this list has the power to do anything
that will either avoid or win this war. if anyone thinks that the die is not
already cast, lets tlkabout it off list.