Comment below:

**

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

**snip**

> All good.
>
> I love yagyas. And some of the temples I have been to  rock.
>
> And that both yagya and temple can revolve around a rock -- a murti.
>
> Can a rock create such feelings/experience/refinement?  Why does it
> necessarily need to be attributed to God or gods?
>
> I started exploring a premise some years ago -- that every,
EVYRYTHING
> was holy, HOLY. And that any such embodiment of holiness -- a tree,
> rock, the ground one walks on, could be made into a holy shrine. And
> such a shrine could be cultured, through repeated, regular
attenetion,
> in person, to become enlivened (perhaps as when a murti is --
> "installed"). After "creating" a number of such mundane shrines, I
see
> nothing yet to contradict my original premise.
>
> And no need to attribute it to God's. Its simply anartifact of my
> attention -- something I do know as real.
>
> (Is this the inner meaning of "Peter will be my rock".
>
> Similarly, Chopra said something on a tape, quite simple,
> paraphrasing quite a bit with my own take-- "the same creative
thing
> that caused this beautiful flower to bloom, is the same thing inside
> you that makes you bloom. To me,that has been a very unifying and
> enlivening thought -- or premise -- over the years. And no need to
> reference God or God's. They might be behind it -- but I have no
> epistimology or empirical findings to necessarily support the God
> premise.

**end**

New, eggs-actly; what you/he said.

But isn't the whole universe just a constant re-arranging of the
furniture?  Isn't consciousness itself just one more element within
the equation (if not *the* element just constantly reconfigured)?
There's a lot of great stuff is in the Ikea catalog, but if there's
no one home getting the mail, ...

Kashmiri Shaivism (to the degree I'm familiar with it) seems to have
the best take on assuming that God is the One doing all the doing and
enjoying and the sooner we get on that train the more we participate
in the divine experience. (Isn't this what Edg was saying?)

All this said, of course (and as Curtis pointed out in an earlier
post), from the perspective of a privileged white male adult living
in an affluent time and place with all the fussin' and fightin (and
sufferin' and dyin') taking place elsewhere so I get to think about
and explore these ideas at my leisure.

Marek