--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, new.morning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is no need to posit GOD as thinking your f.. mundane
> thoughts. OMG, give God a little more credit. If GOD thought
> your thoughts, the THOUGHTS would so f... blast you to
> NOTHINGNESS (Jai Sarte) -- its not even polite to imagine
> the carnage.

LOL. I didn't read whatever post this is bouncing
off of, but I have to agree with new here. Like
God (if there were one) has nothing better to do
than think *your* thoughts. That's one bored-ass
God, if you ask me.  :-)

> Thoughts come because of your past mundane attachments. And
> your reaction to oncoming karma (responses based on learning
> and education -- again karma-based).

Or (perish the...uh...thought), one could just
suck it up and admit that one has NO IDEA where
thoughts come from. That's the real story, as
far as I can tell, for everyone on this planet.
They make up stories about where thoughts come
from, but not one of them knows for sure. And,
unable to *admit* that they don't have a clue,
they make up stories and claim that those stories
are not only a clue, but *the* clue, "the Truth."

Me, I don't have a clue where my thoughts come
from, and I don't really care. They certainly
don't come from God. If there is one, He/She/It
has far better things to do than create the stuff
that goes through my brain.

> And why Randomness and Predetermination are the only
> two choices -- thats trip down blinders-on thinking.
> There are SO many more possibilities.

Indeed there are. I don't believe in either. As
I said earlier, I DON'T KNOW, and doubt I ever
will. There are elements to life that seem
pattern-like, but that could happen without the
intervention of any kind of God. And there are
elements of life that seem random, and *that*
could happen *with* the simultaneous presence
of a God as well.

I guess the bottom line for me is that, as new
suggests below, claiming that God "does every-
thing" and/or "thinks all my thoughts" sounds
a tad...uh...self important to me. It's like,
"God has nothing better to do than to plan all
the minutiae of my life and every detail of it."
Yeah, right. *That* is certainly likely. :-)

Besides, who would really want to *live* in a
world that you have no choice in, and no possible
effect on? That, after all, is the bottom line
of believing in either predestination or God-
running-everything. BORING. *This* is what some
people believe to give their lives "meaning?"
I can't possibly imagine anything *less* mean-
ingful than believing that you're some kind of
robot or puppet just acting out "God's will."

But people are different, and some might just
find this belief the most inspiring thing in
the world. Go figure.

> So rock on, if you need to get off on the image -- and
> illusion -- of GOD thinking your thoughts (just a bit
> grandiose and meglomanic are we?) I thought we left maya
> back at the last train stop.

Exactly.

It should be pointed out that most of the horror
conquerors and megalomaniacs the planet has pro-
duced claimed that "God thinks my thoughts." They
were "in tune" with "God's will." They knew what
God had in mind with His/Her/Its Grand Plan, not
only for them personally, but for everyone else.

Yeah, right. We all see how well *that* worked out.

Personally I think we're all a great deal safer
with people who believe "different strokes for
different folks and not one of us has a lock on
'Truth'" than we are with people who believe that
they or others "know 'the Truth' and we should
believe them and do what they say." The latter
have fucked up this planet for centuries, and
have justified war after war after war after
atrocity after genocide by doing what God told
them to do as He/She/It was "thinking their
thoughts for them," and by convincing others
to do the same.

Give me someone who thinks his *own* thoughts any
day, and who realizes it. That person is "handleable"
and can be kept under a modicum of control by other
people who think their own thoughts. They're not all
that likely to get totally out of control, in a mega-
death sense.

But the ones who claim that God thinks their thoughts,
or that God is telling them what to do, or that they
"know" what God wants done? Scary as hell. Those are
the people this planet needs to be wary of, and to
never allow within a mile of having any kind of power
over others.

Just my opinion, which is really mine. God had
absolutely nothing to do with creating it.