--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
> Kashmiri Shaivism (to the degree I'm familiar with it) seems
> to have the best take on assuming that God is the One doing
> all the doing and enjoying and the sooner we get on that train
> the more we participate in the divine experience. (Isn't this
> what Edg was saying?)

If God is the One doing all the doing and enjoying,
what does "get on that train" mean, exactly? Aren't
we already *on* it, willy-nilly?

Or to put it another way, whatever "get on that train"
means, if God is the One doing all the doing, isn't
it God who determines whether we get on the train or
not?

If it's up to us to get on the train, that means we
have individual free will, which contradicts the
notion that God is doing all the doing.

I think this is what throws people like Barry so
badly off: they don't take the idea that God does it
all far enough, and they end up assuming what they're
arguing.

>From my perspective, it seems that the premise that
God is doing all the doing has absolutely *zero*
implications for behavior, including how one thinks.
It's just a theoretical metaphysical point that's fun
to play with. (And if it happens to be true, it's God
who's having fun playing with it.)