--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, kaladevi93 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "biosoundbill" <smithybill@>
wrote:

> > I think that the advanced techniques in TM where additional
> > syllables are added to the mantra are not as powerful as the basic
> > TM technique.
> >
> > The reason I say this is because in the basic TM technique one is
> > meditating twice daily with the purest, most intense form of a
> > mantra.
> >

> I would disagree. The full dharani, the "chain" of mantra and it's
bija is the most profound
> expression of mantra. One is the seed and one is the "tree". It is
only then that we can
> differentiate and experience the different levels of the mantra
(vyapini, unmana, samana, etc.)
> consciously and under will. Failing that we never completely
transcend the mind but instead
> simply arrive at what appears like a thought-free state. But vrittis
are still present at this
> rudimentary state. This thought-free state can be quite addictive
and people tend to get
> stuck there because of this. It's also important that the initate
has the dhyana-vidhi of the
> devata as that potentializes the ability to actualize the
mantra-shakti and communicate with
> that energy as all-pervasive outside of meditation.

Well, yes and no, that may be intellectually true but *experientially*
 unless the meditator is advanced it can have a slowing down of
transcending per my experience! C. Lutes used to explain it like the
difference between a leaf falling from a tree (advanced) and a rock
falling to the bottom of a lake (simple mantra), again depending on
your level of advancement.

I also noticed a difference in my meditation right after the third
technique-I went back to the original plus one which worked best for
me! I also feel very comfortable with the devatas associated with the
mantras. TM, IMO is not a diksha Initiation but a common power/sound
vibration Initiation, the power is the sound itself and it serves
merely as a vehicle...............