--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "biosoundbill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Namaskaram Kala Devi,
>
> I'll use a non TM mantra as an example!
>
> Let's say the bija is `Shreem' for the basic TM technique.
>
> Let's say `Om Shreem Namaha' for an advanced technique.
>
> Finally let's say `Om Shreem Maha Lakshmiyei Swaha' for a more
> advanced technique.
>
> From your experience, am I correct in saying that `Om Shreem Maha
> Lakshmiyei Swaha' would be the most powerful of all 3 meditation
> mantras?

Not necessarily, as mantras depend on the disposition of the student, most
especially the
students mind. There are some techniques utilizing merely a bija mantra which
truly go
beyond the mind (but there are specific techniques in addition to the mantra in
order to do
so).

Now if, for example, the Lakshmi mantra IS appropriate for a certain student
and they
know the appropriate techniques to use that mantra fully, it could render full
results. But
merely giving out mantras for mental repetition, comparitively there could be
little or no
difference. However if paying wads of money made one think they had something
more
special or important, the change in attitude could affect the students
experience of that
mantra, as silly as that sounds, because the resolve and intent has changed.

 In addition to the mental use of mantra there are hosts of other techniques
which can be
applied in addition to or with the mantra. Often as the experience of subtlety
of mantra
refines, techniques will refine to take the mind deeper, beyond where the
mantra
*appears* to end and to allow the meditator to go much further, deeper and
longer
(sounds like porn! :-) ).

Adhikara mantras, mantras which are chosen based on the student, are always
favorable
to mantras merely given by puja. With an indiscrimantly given mantra, there is
always the
potential for something to go wrong.

Kala Devi