Judy,

Anyone with the artistic power to take Maharishi's ideas and make them
visually tasty would be long gone from the movement -- making money
like Bloomfield, Grey, DeAngelis, and Chopra.  Maharishi's nitpicking
drives away any skilled and creative types who cannot generally handle
someone making them color between another's lines.

And, from my POV, it would take a real world class artist to use such
a restricted palette with much success....possible, but it's unlikely
to inspire an artist for much more than one attempt.

I don't know where Maharishi got his taste.  Given the bright colors
of typical Indian religious art, you'd think MUM publications would
look like Hawaiian shirts made in Haiti designed by Japanese cartoonists.

Go figure.

That, and the fact that the first MIU catalog made such a big deal
about the brain vibes of the artist being echoed in the brains of the
viewers, makes you wonder why the covers of TMO publications don't
"cut it" intuitively like, say, gazing for the first time at, okay,
how about the Taj Mahal?  You'd think that an enlightened man's color
choices etc. would knock off our socks instead of make us shudder at
the thought of opening the book.

They said "merely reading the catalog would take a person 10% more
towards enlightenment."  You know, the catalog was such a work of art,
see?   Remember that?

Geeze.

Edg