> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > > Looks like I managed to kick Curtis in the balls
> > > (metaphorically, of course) hard enough that all
> > > he can do is sputter.
> >
> > Your violent metaphor is offensive.  For a man it is the
> > equivalent to having something inserted into your body
> > and damaging an internal organ.  Funny?
> >
> > The fact that you don't understand the hypocrisy of using such
> > language after taking everyone here to task for the same thing
> > makes me sputter.
>
> <belly laugh>
>
> Curtis, why do you think I said that?

To be a hypocrite?

> You *freak out* when someone uses violent language
> about you, but you deny that it should give any
> offense when it's used about women--and without
> even a parenthetical that it's just a metaphor.

Telling you it is offensive language to me is not exactly freaking
out.  But that was not what made me sputter, it was your hypocrisy.
If you were just trying to get a rise out of me by making a violent
metaphor then you are a double hypocrite.

Here is a great article about "being offended". And yes,it applies to
me too.

http://www.slate.com/id/2202303/

> Who's the hypocrite, again?

Still you, but thanks for a chance to repeat it.  You were doing it in
jest which is exactly what you criticize other posters here for doing.
 Was the cloak of humor good enough to make your statement unoffensive
but not for others?  Or were you using a language that influences
women to become actually violent toward men?  Does the magic of words
only work on men being violent to women or are women influenced by
words too?  I mean in 1970's brand new "I'm a feminist" world.

> I really didn't think you'd fall into the trap, but
> I figured, what the hell, it's worth a try. Glad
> I chanced it.

As am I. It reveals your inability for self reflection on this topic.

My complaint is not that you get offended and express that opinion
Judy.  It is that you are trying to link things people say here with
actual physical violence.  I couldn't care less how offended you
choose to be and I don't expect anyone here to care if I get offended.
 Being offended is a personal choice.  Kind of self indulgent most of
the time and that also includes me.

>   You might want to have the tendency to resort to violent
> > fantasies instead of dealing with the points I made, checked.
>
> You didn't *make* any points in this post, Curtis.
> That's why I said you were reduced to sputtering.

Kind of dismissive, but OK.  I hope you don't mind me assuming that
you just didn't have a response to my excellent points and took the
easy way out.