> "Your violent metaphor is offensive. For a man it is the
> equivalent to having something inserted into your body
> and damaging an internal organ."--Curtis Delta Blues
>
> I can hardly wait to see you explain how that comment
> doesn't link things people say here with actual physical
> violence. I'm sure you'll find a way.

I would also be offended if someone threatened anyone here with
knocking their teeth out. But I don't believe it would make that more
likely to say it.  Most guys who mouth off with physical violence
threats are not really tough guys in my experince.  Wishing someone
was dead or that they burst into flames doesn't make the grade of
physical threat for me.  And I didn't think that your saying it made
it more likely that you would actually do something violent to me either.

But the reason it was offensive to me was my own choice.  I choose to
be offended by it.  We all choose what we are offended by.  So I don't
care if you are offended with something someone says that you deem
sexist, or as you usually misstate: misogynistic, I am challenging
your claim that it leads to actual physical violence.

You saying you kicked me in the nuts does not make it more likely that
some other person will actually do it.  That is the substance of your
claim.

My do-over section to earn the right to hear Judy's comments IF I am
thoughtful enough and she is satisfied with my work:

> > > <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Whether it's even the case that all the men on this
> > > forum *have* women in their lives, the fact is that a
> > > large percentage of men who abuse women would smugly
> > > declare they had "loving relationships" with those
> > > women.

I was thinking mostly about Dr. Pete and Turq who seem to be in your
and Raunchy's crosshairs lately. Those were the guys you were dogging
out.  Both of them have posted enough about the women in their lives
to make me believe they have good relationships with women.  YMMV

> > > and you ought to
> > >
> > > I don't believe we've heard from your girlfriend
> > > lately, or any of the wives or girlfriends (or even
> > > the one-night stands) of the men on this forum. What
> > > "sisters on the ground" are there for us to "trust"
> > > with regard to the behavior of the men on FFL?

Right, you can't interview the women in our lives. My case for trust
may be too weak to be worth much as proof.  I believe you have
devolved into a gotcha game with words and I was shifting the focus
back to our real lives where, at least in my case, I am not viewed as
a woman-hater which is your most common charge.  I don't see any
evidence that Turq or Dr. Pete hate women, I see precisely the
opposite and I'll bet the women in their lives would agree with me.
Can I prove it to you?  Not so much. The fact that you attempt to put
us on the defensive as if we need to prove this to you is part of your
assumption power game.  It stops working once it is recognized.

> > > We see how the men here treat *us*. And we see how
> > > our "sisters on the ground" are treated in the
> > > quotes raunchydog posted. We see how Hillary and
> > > Sarah Palin and Cindy McCain and Jackie Kennedy
> > > have been treated here.

Jackie Kennedy is dead.  She is not being "treated" anyway.  You are
being offended on behalf of her memory which is totally weird.

Sarah and Hillary are public figures who have asked for any opinions
about them that people want to share by taking that role.  Again, you
are being offended on behalf of other people who don't need your help.
 Cindy McCain was overtaken by a chill when Obama didn't vote for Iraq
war funding for her son without a time table but was warmed up when
her husband did the exact same thing the next month because it
contained a timetable.  She is not an actual person but was
constructed as an audio animatronic figure by the Disney group for the
Republican party.  She has not human feelings and does not care what
humanoids say about her.

As far as how you and Raunchy are being "treated."  I can only speak
for myself.  I treat you guys fine and enjoy your posts and
willingness to go back and forth on topics.  If you feel wronged by
me, let me know.  Otherwise I'm gunna treat you like an equal and
figure you can take care of yourself.  Raunchy sure can.