<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > "Your violent metaphor is offensive. For a man it is the
> > equivalent to having something inserted into your body
> > and damaging an internal organ."--Curtis Delta Blues
> >
> > I can hardly wait to see you explain how that comment
> > doesn't link things people say here with actual physical
> > violence. I'm sure you'll find a way.
>
> I would also be offended if someone threatened anyone here with
> knocking their teeth out.

Let's just restore what you said that I was responding
to:

"My complaint is not that you get offended and express that
opinion Judy. It is that you are trying to link things
people say here with actual physical violence."

So with regard to this specifically, you took offense
off the table and instead were complaining about my
"trying to link things people say here with actual
physical violence." But earlier in the post you linked
what *I* said with actual physical violence. You didn't
just *link* it, you said it was "equivalent." Which is
exactly what you've been complaining that I've been
doing.

(And my comment wasn't even a threat, you pantywaist.
I said it was what I *had done* and made a point of
reassuring you that it was only metaphorical.)

<snip>
> You saying you kicked me in the nuts does not make it more
> likely that some other person will actually do it.  That is
> the substance of your claim.

Of course it doesn't. That kind of language isn't
a problem *for men*. What do you think is the
proportion of men who've been kicked in the nuts
by women versus the number of women who've been
raped, or just smacked around, by men?

You completely ignored my other post in which I
explained to you how language *does* lead to
violence against women, BTW.

> My do-over section to earn the right to hear Judy's comments IF I am
> thoughtful enough and she is satisfied with my work:

> I was thinking mostly about Dr. Pete and Turq who seem to be
> in your and Raunchy's crosshairs lately. Those were the guys
> you were dogging out.  Both of them have posted enough about
> the women in their lives to make me believe they have good
> relationships with women.  YMMV

Now deal with the second part of what I wrote there,
Curtis.

> Right, you can't interview the women in our lives. My case for
> trust may be too weak to be worth much as proof.

It's not a matter of what your "case for trust" is
worth as proof. It's that your invocation of it
makes no sense, since we have no access to the "sisters
on the ground" in question.

We do have access to other such sisters, however, and
they have a whole lot to say about the effects of
misogyny on their lives.

  I believe you
> have devolved into a gotcha game with words and I was shifting
> the focus back to our real lives where, at least in my case, I
> am not viewed as a woman-hater which is your most common charge.

I don't think you're a woman-hater. I think you're
insensitive to what women have to deal with, and
reminding you of it seems to provoke a strong
defensive reaction on your part.

  I don't see any
> evidence that Turq or Dr. Pete hate women, I see precisely
> the opposite and I'll bet the women in their lives would
> agree with me.

And I'll bet most of the women in their lives, if
they were shown the kind of thing the two of them
post here, would be shocked and upset by it (if
they hadn't experienced it themselves directly).

> Can I prove it to you?  Not so much. The fact that you
> attempt to put us on the defensive as if we need to prove
> this to you is part of your assumption power game.

WAAAAAAAIT A MINNIT. *You* were the one who started
in about how *we* should trust our "sisters on the
ground." I never said a word about your needing to
prove anything; you came up with idea yourself.

> Jackie Kennedy is dead.  She is not being "treated" anyway.
> You are being offended on behalf of her memory which is
> totally weird.

Missing the point. This is about Barry, not Jackie.

Maybe you also missed what Barry said about her--
that she was "one amazingly dumb woman" who had
"not a glimmer of higher intelligence functions."
He was astonished that JFK would have "settled
for someone that stupid" and suggested it was
because she "wasn't smart enough to figure out
that he was fooling around."

All that is, of course, totally absurd. Jackie is
universally acknowledged to have been an extremely
intelligent, highly educated woman, quite possibly
smarter than JFK. (And she almost certainly knew
he was fooling around; she just never talked about
it one way or the other.)

So why did Barry go off on her? I'd suggest it was
because he felt like dumping on a prominent woman.

Oh, in a second post he said she had "never even
heard of the concept of women's liberation." Well,
duh, at the time she was first lady nobody else had
either. The movement only really started in 1963
with the publication of Betty Friedan's "Feminine
Mystique" (other than what had been achieved in the
late 19th and early 20th century, of course, which
by then was taken for granted).

The point is that his nasty remarks about her had
zero to do with historical reality; they were
utterly gratuitous.

> Sarah and Hillary are public figures who have asked for any
> opinions about them that people want to share by taking that
> role.

No, they really haven't asked for opinions that
they're "dumb cunts" or "stupid bimbos."

> Again, you are being offended on behalf of other people
> who don't need your help.

No. What raunchydog and I are both pointing
out (along with a lot of other women, BTW)
is that Hillary's candidacy has brought
misogyny out of the closet on the *left* side
of the political spectrum (it never really
went into the closet on the right), and that
as far as the left (at least the Obamazoid
left) is concerned, it's perfectly acceptable.

Misogyny, it may surprise you to learn, is
*bad for women* in any number of practical
ways, from physical abuse to legal rulings
about equal wages and whether pharmacists
can refuse to fill contraceptive
prescriptions, and everything in between.
Misogyny puts women at a serious disadvantage
in life, and there are very few who have not
been negatively affected by it.

Racism certainly hasn't disappeared, but
generally speaking, it's no longer acceptable.
Misogyny is still acceptable, as it turns out,
and it's just as harmful to women as racism
has been to blacks.

>  Cindy McCain was overtaken by a chill when Obama didn't vote
> for Iraq war funding for her son without a time table but was
> warmed up when her husband did the exact same thing the next
> month because it contained a timetable.  She is not an actual
> person but was constructed as an audio animatronic figure by
> the Disney group for the Republican party.  She has not human
> feelings and does not care what humanoids say about her.

I don't have any problem with this criticism.
Can you guess why?

> As far as how you and Raunchy are being "treated."  I can
> only speak for myself.

And the same applies to your black acquaintances
who experience racism, right? You treat them just
fine, so it's not a problem as far as you're
concerned. No reason for you to get upset if one
of them has racial epithets hurled at them as they
walk down the street, right?