On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 11:58 AM, curtisdeltablues
<curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey Man,
>
> I do agree with most of what you said,(I couldn't follow the god
> argument) and have basically come to the same conclusions for my own
> beliefs.  But I thought it would be a blast if John could nail a few
> and throw a wrench into my surety.    It wouldn't be conclusive or
> change much, but I would enjoy that experience if he could pull it
> off.  OTOH I would gain something if a person was unable to pull it
> off. It would throw a wrench into their surety that gave them internal
> permission to jazz up good common sense advice with a little "joitish
> says so" epistemological push-up bra.

I would very much like to see a test for my own peace of mind.  I've
received too many (free) jyotish readings which go on and on with "on
the other hand".  Yeah, I know, a good jyotishi is supposed to use
experience and wisdom to balance alternate outcomes against one
another and come out with a single statement.  The problem is that
I've only seen it done for the likes of JFK, Ghandi and Bill Gates
AFTER THE FACT.

Let us take the unerring accuracy of my buddy's jyotish reading.  The
reading actually says where in the prostate my friend's cancer resides
yet the doctor hasn't even told my friend precisely where the cancer
is.  Based on what I've heard of what his urologist said, the cancer
is all over, she just throw out some readings to convey to my friend
the import of all of this, that he'd better not let another decade go
by as he already has unless he wants to make it his last decade here.

Yes, according to my friend he mostly likely has had prostate cancer
for 10 years.  He's had prostate infections and PSA tests done.  The
PSAs were high after treatment but because he was relatively young and
PSAs weren't all that important a decade ago, he wasn't sent for a
biopsy.  The doctor just did the finger test and decided there wasn't
anything serious there.  Now my friend tells me that he's had a number
of expensive jyotish consultations and there was no mention of
prostate.  There was the same sort of thing that I received from
someone on FFL for him yesterday:  you are very prone to being ill.
You are shielded from getting ill.  Same thing with Ayurveda.  Mark
Tooney can be dismissed.  But my friend had a consult with Triguna
within the last 10 years.  Had a biopsy been done within the last 10
years my friend is certain the cancer whould have shown to be in early
stages.  But it would have shown.

So I'd like to be able to think to embrace Jyotish or be able to
settle my mind that Jyotish is a bunch of bunk, at most a Farmers
Almanac for someone's life.  If our Jyotishis would please cooperate,
this could be quite helpful to the rest of us on FFL.

I thinks it's a cop out that one is doing readings for disbelievers.
That's what the scientific method is all about.  Science is not what
Maharishi, Mary Baker Eddy and the Joytishis think it is.  Maharishi
and Mary Baker Eddy thought that anything that was systematic was
scientific.  Not so.  The Library of Congress and Dewey Decimal System
classifications are systematic.  They are not scientific.  Nor is
Maharishi's Vedic "Science" nor Mary Baker Eddy's Christian "Science".