--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...> wrote:

> I agree that JohnR seems sincere.  I'm not so sure about Chopra.
> Who I understand does still in fact hold a medical license but
> doesn't claim to practice.  Go figure.
>
> Anyway, I am drifting.
>
> You claim to have seen people levitate. You are probably more
> open to a Joytish claim than most other people here.  :)

Not really.

I actually *did* see someone levitate, hundreds
of times over a period of 14 years. So did liter-
ally thousands of other people.

WHAT we saw and why we saw it is up for debate.
But the fact that we saw it is not. It has been
written about by many people in many places.

Having seen it was one of the most real exper-
iences of my life. As far as I can tell, Jyotish
has nothing real about it. To me it's a pseudo-
science that depends on the projected belief of
its adherents, their gullibility, and their
desire to be told the things they want to hear
that keeps it going.

I could be wrong about this. If JohnR manages
to "see" my friend's medical condition from his
perusal of the chart, I will be the first to say
so. That won't "prove" that Jyotish is valid, but
it'll sure raise my eyebrows, and I'll say so.

The having seen someone levitating thang, however,
is another ball of wax. I'm not trying to convince
anyone that I have, and understand fully that I
can never do that, ever. It was my subjective
experience, and the subjective experience of many
other students, but subjective it will stay, forever.
The possibility does not exist to "prove" it one
way or another, because the dude who did the
floatin' is dead.

But the accuracy of Jyotish CAN be proved one way
or another. I have proposed such a way. Whether
JohnR takes me up on it is up to him. He's the
one claiming that Jyotish is a science, and worth
the money people pay for it. I'm selling nothing,
and championing nothing that is for sale. All I'm
saying is that I was lucky enough to have seen
some neat stuff. :-)