--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > My contention, and my reason for posting this little
> > test, is that I believe Jyotish *depends* on people
> > having a bias *for* it.
> >
> > My contention is that if that bias were not present,
> > its customers would not view the predictions they
> > receive as being as accurate as they think they are
> > with that bias in place.
>
> This reminds me of Chopra when he declined double blind research
> on one or another supplement because he said the effects in part
> depended on the "education" of the person getting the treatment.

The thing is, Ruth, my guess is that Chopra really
*believed* this. I don't see him as a charlatan, or
at least not a conscious one.

Neither do I see JohnR as a charlatan. I see him as
someone who truly, honestly believes that Jyotish is
accurate and valid.

But whether they believe it or not is not the question.
The question is, "Does it work?"

I have provided a mechanism by which we on this forum
can test whether it works or not. Given my understanding
of Jyotish, it should be possible to assess my friend's
medical condition from the chart. Another Jyotish prac-
titioner *predicted* this condition from the same chart
long before it appeared.

So can a second Jyotish practitioner do the same thing?

Seems like a valid test to me.