> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ruthsimplicity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > My contention, and my reason for posting this little
> > > test, is that I believe Jyotish *depends* on people
> > > having a bias *for* it.
> > >
> > > My contention is that if that bias were not present,
> > > its customers would not view the predictions they
> > > receive as being as accurate as they think they are
> > > with that bias in place.
> >
> > This reminds me of Chopra when he declined double blind research
> > on one or another supplement because he said the effects in part
> > depended on the "education" of the person getting the treatment.
>
> The thing is, Ruth, my guess is that Chopra really
> *believed* this. I don't see him as a charlatan, or
> at least not a conscious one.
>
> Neither do I see JohnR as a charlatan. I see him as
> someone who truly, honestly believes that Jyotish is
> accurate and valid.
>
> But whether they believe it or not is not the question.
> The question is, "Does it work?"
>
> I have provided a mechanism by which we on this forum
> can test whether it works or not. Given my understanding
> of Jyotish, it should be possible to assess my friend's
> medical condition from the chart. Another Jyotish prac-
> titioner *predicted* this condition from the same chart
> long before it appeared.
>
> So can a second Jyotish practitioner do the same thing?
>
> Seems like a valid test to me.

I agree that JohnR seems sincere.  I'm not so sure about Chopra.  Who
I understand does still in fact hold a medical license but doesn't
claim to practice.  Go figure.

Anyway, I am drifting.

You claim to have seen people levitate.  You are probably more open to
a Joytish claim than most other people here.  :)