--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> [...]

Rick, you could not be more wrong about me. I take my first amendment rights as
a citizen very seriously. If Hillary had voted against FISA in the Senate,
which Obama did and she did not, I would have had serious doubts about her
commitment to restore the constitution. If she had equivocated on a woman's
right to choose, which Obama has and she has not, I would have been the first
to call her a hypocrite and fight her tooth and nail. It is essential in a
healthy democracy that we hold elected officials accountable, through petition,
voting, and political activism, no matter who they are.

I am happy to give credit where credit is due. Today in his speech on national
security and terrorism Obama correctly pointed out that Bush had a haphazard,
ineffective policy from the git-go at Gitmo. They rounded up a bunch of Al
Qaeda but didn't know what to do with them. Obama made the case that we can
protect the country without abandoning the Constitution. He said exactly what
he needed to say, to give me hope that he might restore habeas corpus. Now
let's see if he follows through. If he doesn't, will you hold him accountable?
I will and you should as well.