--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "meowthirteen" <meowthirt...@...> wrote:

> ---
> *Turquoise:
> How was your dinner?
> I bet it was lovely.
> I wonder if you ate outside,if the weather was gorgeous
> and what you had brought to you...
> I wonder if you had really nice wine with it.
> I hope you had good conversation and are having bella serah.

It was great. Thanks for asking. I got to sit
in a lovely Provencal restaurant in Nice under
the stars and eat great food and drink good wine
with people who would have been bemused to the
point of uncontrollable laughter by all of the
prudery and sexual uptightness being discussed
on this forum as if it were important. :-)

> *Speaking more to the post now,there is a forum on Craigslist
> called polymory and it explains more what it is .Visiting
> there on occasions will give a idea of what people in that
> lifestyle do/ think...

Yep. I think that polyamory is an interesting
fascination (as opposed to the discussions here
about sex and sexuality, which could be taking
place between Puritans and Shiite Muslims as
far as I can tell). It's not particularly my
thing as it is a number of my friends' thing,
but I've learned much from their openness and
their willingness to treat sex and sexuality
as things that don't *require* rules, much less
the need to "obey" them.

> -Personal side note-it's not what I thought,and there's a
> train of thought that was brought up there that some are
> wired this way.
> I'm going to keep this short,it could get deep .Psychology
> hypothesis,
> past life injury,fear,inadequate brain synapsis...list
> goes on infinately,as for why a participation in this
> type of relationship.

I'm assuming you're still talking about polyamory.
So I find it curious that you only mention *negative*
hypotheses for why people might adopt it. I see a
number of positive ones.

> I found it interesting the feelings the people shared involved.
> I like to understand as many as I can, so as to help me not judge .
> I think all are in the Process and I am working on letting
> everyone be at their own spot in the Process.I don't even have
> to understand.
> I just need to not cause suffering .I don't have all the answers,
> and I certainly have not heard them all either.I have so much
> more to hear, and understand,and not understand-and let go ,fly...
>
> *sprinkle *
> *sprinkle*
> Some mirth upon you -
> it got on your cheek!
> Ope!There goes a smile creeping up!
> Let the warmth of the day soak into you;
> it is not too hot

Indeed. An openness to discussions of non-mainstream
sex and sexuality is IMO a great thing, and I praise
you for having that 'tude about it all. As you say,
no one has the answers. But on this forum you have a
number of people who *claim* to have the answers, one
way or another. I don't think that they do, and as I've
suggested this morning, the fact that *whatever* their
perspective on non-mainstream sexuality they consider
it a big enough deal to argue about *as if* they had
the answers the biggest "tell."

They're still hung up about sex. Some on one side,
some on the other.

I prefer my French friends and coworkers, who place
sex and sexuality in their true perspective, from my
point of view. That is, about on the same level as
what to order for dinner and which type of wine to
order. It's really not all that serious, people...