> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "meowthirteen" <meowthirteen@> wrote:
> >
> > ---
> > *Turquoise:
> > How was your dinner?
> > I bet it was lovely.
> > I wonder if you ate outside,if the weather was gorgeous
> > and what you had brought to you...
> > I wonder if you had really nice wine with it.
> > I hope you had good conversation and are having bella serah.
>
> It was great. Thanks for asking. I got to sit
> in a lovely Provencal restaurant in Nice under
> the stars and eat great food and drink good wine
> with people who would have been bemused to the
> point of uncontrollable laughter by all of the
> prudery and sexual uptightness being discussed
> on this forum as if it were important. :-)
<snip>
> Yep. I think that polyamory is an interesting
> fascination (as opposed to the discussions here
> about sex and sexuality, which could be taking
> place between Puritans and Shiite Muslims as
> far as I can tell).
<snip>
> But on this forum you have a number of people who
> *claim* to have the answers, one way or another.
<snip>
> They're still hung up about sex. Some on one side,
> some on the other.

I strongly suspect meowthirteen, unlike Barry, has
actually *read* the discussions and is astute
enough to recognize how wildly and self-servingly
off Barry's portrayal of them is.

<snip>
 It's not particularly my
> thing as it is a number of my friends' thing,
> but I've learned much from their openness and
> their willingness to treat sex and sexuality
> as things that don't *require* rules, much less
> the need to "obey" them.

Actually, polyamory has quite a few rules about
sex and sexuality. They may be different from one
polyamorous group--or even couple within a group--
to another, but the one thing all polyamorists
seem to agree on is that obeying the rules a group
or couple has set up is essential for successful
polyamorous relationships.

Either Barry's polyamorous friends neglected to
tell him that, or he immediately expunged it from
his memory. Barry *really* doesn't like rules.

(Except, of course, for the rules that keep other
people from doing or saying what he'd rather they
didn't do or say--that's why he's such a strong
supporter of the posting limits.)