> That's really my whole point in "chiming in," wayback.
> So MANY people buy into "the guna idea," which means in
> my opinion that they're buying into the idea of being
> "Not Responsible" (as the Firesign Theater guys used
> to say) for their own actions.

I don't know what wayback has in mind, nor what Judy has, with whom you are
talking here, even though indirectly. I can only talk to you about myself, and
here it is.

I am not out to defend TM, in fact I hardly connect the argument to TM itself
or Maharishi or the TMO, I am just comparing notes.

I am not trying to take sides here, pro or anti. This is not a semantic game
for me.

 I am not trying to be rational, or give arguments. I am just honest about some
beliefs, which work for me, and have a specific context for me, that is
different from those of others here.

It's not about the existence of God/gods or the gunas.

For me, in my experience it is all about shakti. And it is not based on some
kind of more or less abstract reflection/justification. I came up with this
recognition more than 20 years ago. I realized there were oddities /
discrepancies between what a certain saint/master said at that time, and the
actual action of shakti which worked along with it, and which was unmistakeable
for me. Through several such incidents, I came to the conclusion, that the
shakti/energy would work on it's own. The shakti was contageous (still is). It
actually brought about some of the biggest, most transformative experiences of
my life. In fact I might have probably still be in TM, if it wasn't for that.

I realized, that this energy was certainly always connected with this person
/master, but it wasn't always clear if the master knew about it. At times
certainly he knew, at other times he didn't seem to. There were sometimes
seeming contradictions between the two. So I came to this conclusion: there is
this power, which I percieve, which works for the good, and there were at the
same time things this master said which I didn't like (and sometimes also
didn't materialize).

I also have to say, there was nothing grave in this discrepancies, much of it
was depending on my own personality, no misuse or big things. I also have to
say, that this person was well aware of having a normal human personality, and
not being a model of perfection.