From: authfriend <jst...@panix.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Ron Paul coming to Fairfield Tues Aug 9th! -
Please forward widely
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 8:29 AM

      --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...> wrote:

> I agree - seems like "consciousness" and "compassion" are

> completely missing and demonizing has set in, consistent

> with one of the key criteria of "ideological" warfare.

Well, except that compassion is the very basis of Democratic

ideology.

Kind of a catch-22 for those for whom compassion is a core

value: It's hard to show compassion for folks whose ideology

makes a virtue of *lack* of compassion and who want to

eliminate compassion from public policy. Those who lack

compassion, on the other hand, don't face a similar conflict

between their ideals and the urge to demonize their

ideological opponents.