--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...> wrote:

> I agree - seems like "consciousness" and "compassion" are
> completely missing and demonizing has set in, consistent
> with one of the key criteria of "ideological" warfare.

Well, except that compassion is the very basis of Democratic
ideology.

Kind of a catch-22 for those for whom compassion is a core
value: It's hard to show compassion for folks whose ideology
makes a virtue of *lack* of compassion and who want to
eliminate compassion from public policy. Those who lack
compassion, on the other hand, don't face a similar conflict
between their ideals and the urge to demonize their
ideological opponents.