Within this great rap on what I would sum up as the oversold experience of the
Transcendent by Maharishi and followers (Gets the stains out AND gives you
eternal consciousness!) is a point about one of my heroes.

Robin:
RESPONSE: Yes. This was an extraordinary insight that Socrates got: *That he
somehow came to know objectively the limits of what he actually knew*. And this
was, decidedly, a mystical-ontological experience/revelation. Socrates was so
supremely disinterested when it came to forming his apprehension of reality that
reality itself was able to inform him—perfectly—as to the degree to which he
knew what the whole truth was. Socrates's epistemological intuition was: I know
that I do not know. To know that you do not know is to know all the you can
know, right?

At risk of perhaps just missing your whole point:
It is my understanding that this was just his epistemological ground zero
starting point.  He was not a complete skeptic regarding our ability to know,
or even to be confident about our knowledge.  So he starts there for the
purposes of his Socratic method.  If you start anywhere above this assumption
you are starting your inquiry on possibly shaky ground.

This is in direct contradiction to Maharishi who STARTS with all the
assumptions of the Vedas and his religion as facts much like our friend Thomas.

This is not to say that I agree with where Socrates leads the discussion after
this assumptionless assumption. I am often found with my finger in the air as
he barrels along concluding things in Plato's dialogues.  Sometimes it is the
middle one.

 And what Socrates came to know in knowing what he did not know—and
could not know (because he was a contingent and unnecessary and created
being)—was all that anyone could ever know. Maharishi goes well beyond this—and
is implausible. I merely call upon my knowledge of my own experience, and the
Western Tradition to refute him. Did I refute him? Not for most of the folks at
FFL—but this may not be because of some flaw or weakness in my argument.