--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> Don't mind me, lg. I just got carried away in my desire to make some kind of
> impression on this Saturday.
>
> I think you an exciting, interesting, questioning, compelling person--all
> that I said in that previous post I now disavow. It was untrue. Every word of
> it.
>
> I don't know what came over me--perhaps some ontological insecurity in the
> face of your persistent flashes of brilliance and love.
>
> I just love your self-confidence--and I am envious of it. How did you achieve
> this? TM?
>
> I find I have hated myself too much in my life to ever acquire that level of
> self-confidence you exhibit on FFL.
>
> I think the death experience should be a breeze for you.
>
> Think about me from time to time, will you do that, lg?
>
> Perhaps praying for me would help.
>
> I am a loser.

You are also asking me questions and I hear you,
I answer that I cannot answer, you must find out for yourself.

Sit a while dear son,
Here are biscuits to eat and here is milk to drink,
But as soon as you sleep and renew yourself in sweet clothes,
     I kiss you with a good-by kiss and open the gate for your
     egress hence.

Long enough have you dream'd contemptible dreams,
Now I wash the gum from your eyes,
You must habit yourself to the dazzle of the light and of
     every moment of your life.

Long have you timidly waded holding a plank by the shore,
Now I will you to be a bold swimmer,
To jump off in the midst of the sea, rise again, nod to me,
     shout, and laughingly dash with your hair.

-Walt Whitman

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@> wrote:
> >
> > There is a perfection to what you are oblivious to in all your posts, lg.
> >
> > Your problem is this: You have lost the capacity to sense what you just
> > might be anaesthetized to in your apprehension of what is going on.
> >
> > It's starts with your conception and experience of yourself: your self is
> > way too known to yourself to have been created by something other than
> > yourself.
> >
> > You have a metaphysical complacency--unconscious as this is--which always
> > deprives you of any kind of real terror or beauty in the form of a
> > self-discovery.
> >
> > Look at the reflexive way you are processing this very post of mine: there
> > you have exactly what I am trying to tell you: You subvert any chance of
> > being in the unknown, and therefore your responses are always tediously
> > predictable to your soul--which is finding you a bore.
> >
> > The malady of the quotidian laughinggull.
> >
> > I knew you would enjoy this.
> >
> > And remember: the first order of response is to defend yourself, find a
> > rejoinder, mount some counterattack.
> >
> > Never to let something get into you which will or might alter your
> > experience of yourself and reality.
> >
> > Don't mind me, laughinggull: I compensate for my congenital mediocrity by
> > trying to be much more interesting and provocative than I have a right to
> > be.
> >
> > My life is just very dull.
> >
> > Forgive me.

<snip>