At 02:24 PM 09/27/02, Éric Dussault wrote:
 >It makes me wonder why would someone use scroll view nowadays unless for
 >very specific reasons (slur that crosses page or cresc. etc.). I understand
 >that someone who has a very old computer would do it and also know that it
 >has been design years ago to make it possible to have a snappier reaction
 >from the computer. I first started with Finale 97 on a PC and could see a
 >difference between page view and scroll view. Finale 2003 is a bit less
 >snappier but isn't it more comfortable to work in page view?

All of these things are personal choices, but I can't imagine doing most of
my Finale work in anything but scroll view. If I'm moving around in the
score to look at things, copy things, etc., I don't want to have to worry
about figuring out what page to go to and then moving around on that page.
I don't want to see Finale attempting to do page layout while I'm working
-- although I'm glad that they introduced automatic music spacing a few
versions back. I usually don't switch to page view until all notes,
articulations, and expressions are entered and I'm ready specifically to
tweak the page layout.

Aaron.