I work in scroll view for basic note entry, articulation and expression
entry and lyrics entry.

Then I switch to page view to deal with page layout issues.

I think one of the greatest assets of Finale is that there are so many
different ways to accomplish a lot things that MOST of us can find some
way that suits us best.

Éric Dussault wrote:
> le 9/27/02 2:00 PM, David W. Fenton à [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
>

>>I'm not talking about the measure numbers in the score, just the
>>numbers in the measure number textbox in the Finale status bar while
>>in scroll view. It's plenty wide enough to include this.
>

> It makes me wonder why would someone use scroll view nowadays unless for
> very specific reasons (slur that crosses page or cresc. etc.). I understand
> that someone who has a very old computer would do it and also know that it
> has been design years ago to make it possible to have a snappier reaction
> from the computer. I first started with Finale 97 on a PC and could see a
> difference between page view and scroll view. Finale 2003 is a bit less
> snappier but isn't it more comfortable to work in page view?
>
> I now have an "old" G4 400 MHz (the first generation in 1999) and it is
> still more than enough to work 100% of the time in page view.
>
> Eric

David H. Bailey