At 11:44 AM +1100 12/31/03, helgesen wrote:
Thanks Aaron, but it leaves me wondering why the basic Finale doesn't do
these things.
And while I am totally in awe of folks like Tobias and Robert Patterson who
create these brilliant plug ins, why should they need to?- obviously because
of deficiency in the basic Finale program.

Well, you can wait for MakeMusic to add features and fix bugs which may never happen, or you can get a very responsive turnaround with Robert and Tobias. I've emailed them both about small bugs in their plugins in the past and have gotten fixes sometimes within hours.

Finale opened the door to this kind of service and improved set of features when they opened up the plugin development to others.

-Randolph Peters