in answer to my previous post re dodgy Bookmarks sorting. I tried some alternatives in FinMac2k6d and added about 20 numbers to a new default file. It appears that by commencing the Bookmark name with the string '01_', '02_', '03_' etc it sorts correctly from top to bottom in the list. Insertions such as '011_', '012_' position themselves correctly in the top/down list also. So far so good in Fin2k6d.

I opened this same file in FinMac2k9 and the Bookmark list looked OK in proper top/down order. I then added some more insertions with the preceding digits strings. Bummer. They went to the top of the list. However, after some time I quit and relaunched the app and the Bookmarks list sorted correctly.

Returned to the Fin2k6d file and added extra insertions as per the Fin2k9 file and they sorted themselves immediately.

pretty erratic behaviour from a basic navigation tool from version to version and neither of them handle alphabetical sorting predictably.

(BTW I'm on Mac PPCG4 1.25GHz DP, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.4.11)
--
cheers, Claudio

Claudio Pompili
composer, sound designer, music consultant
http://www.claudiopompili.net.au/ (**2002-2003 Golden Web Award**)
Skype: claudiop_509
Australian Music Centre http://www.amcoz.com.au;
http://www.amcoz.com.au/composers/composer.asp?id=236