On 17 Feb 2009 at 0:50, Darcy James Argue wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2009, at 12:24 AM, David W. Fenton wrote:
> >
> >> Again, this is why I feel that the layout should always update
> >> automatically.
> >
> > And I respectfully disagree. I don't want things jumping around
> > onscreen while I'm working.
>
> Respectfully, David, I don't think you fully understand how the
> feature works. It does not result in anything "jumping around
> onscreen." It only results in things displaying and printing
> correctly, instead of incorrectly.

You snipped the context. I did not claim that automatic layout
updating caused that problem, but automatic music spacing *does*
cause the problem. And it's only if I had automatic music spacing
turned on that the music spacing could have changed without me
respacing the music. And that's the only thing that would have
possibly required an update layout.