On 17.02.2009 Robert Patterson wrote:
Here is mine: Finale has a bug in how it relates to plugins and you can avoid
that bug by turning off AUL. Specifically, any plugin that needs to determine
page layout info, such as which system and/or page a measure may be on, does
not work reliably if AUL is on. That includes, specifically, my Beam Over
Barlines plugin and others.

I agree that this can be a problem, and I have to disable the auto update for this one reason only.

I also leave it off because it caused a significant performance hit the last
time I experimented with it. With a large orch. score of several dozen pages it
was a noticable lag. This was admittedly a previous computer and I'd be
surprised if that was still much of an issue, but I've become so used to
working without AUL that I never have a problem with it. Learn to hit the
keyboard shortcut for UL often.

Well, I haven't noticed a performance hit, but I believe that your scores are often much bigger than the ones I work on, I rarely have more than a handful of parts.

Johannes