Dave,

> >are available) rivers will flow downhill etc.

Sorry. Uphill. You guessed it ;-)

> I haven't done any rigorous back to back viewing, but taking off from
> Nottingham the roads, rivers and urban areas look uncannily identical in
> layout to Flightgear's (the Riley scenery).  I wouldn't be at all
> surprised
> to here they'd used the same data, at least for this area.

That's well possible. That artifact is obviously not present in the original
data. It's just that all the stuff like rivers, roads etc. is systematically
shifted by 200 m or so. Quite annoying in narrow canyons. BTW, the Grand
Canyon and otehr US canyons do not suffer from this but, as I said, several
German valleys do.

Unfortunately all the roads/rivers stuff is poorly documented in FS2002
(contrary to some other stuff), and it seems to be hard to correct.

Sincerely, Michael

--
        Michael Basler, Jena, Germany
                [EMAIL PROTECTED]