Curtis L. Olson wrote:
The CLOD techniques are really slick, and I've seen some cool demos.
However, I personally so far (and maybe something exists, I dunno)
have not seen anyone pull all the pieces of this together and handle
all the issues/needs required by a flight sim.
Not saying it's easy, not saying it's the right way to go, and *absolutely* not volunteering to code one for FGFS, but MSFS2002 definitely has CLOD which works for the whole globe, and yes - MSFS2002 *is* a flight sim ;-) It has some quite visible "pops" and isn't perfect, but they achieve high frame rates and there are no real problems pushing the far clip plane way out. Just proof that it *is* possible, given a huge amount of well paid programmers! :-)

Best regards,
Per Liedman