I just noticed the info below about localiser on the "Flight Simulation
Naviagtion" site
http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/

Is there an easy way to determine is the NAV is a Lcoaliser, I cant see
that in Prop tree.

pete

        Flying the Localizer

Most of the skills learned when flying VOR approaches are applicable to
Localizer approaches.

    * Turn towards the needle to correct for drift—except for a Back
      Course approach when you do the opposite and turn /away/ from the
      needle to correct for drift.
    * Don't chase the needle.
    * Establish the proper Wind Correction Angle very early in the
      approach.
    * Stabilize the approach so that only power changes are needed for
      altitude changes.

The biggest difference, of course, is the four-times increase in
sensitivity when tracking a localizer. Off course by one degree is a
two-dot deflection on the Indicator gauge. A half-degree misalignment is
one dot.

How do you correct a heading that is misaligned by one-half degree? You
"kick it over." Yes, that means rudder pedals. And you kick the pedal on
the side that you want to turn. Right turn. Right pedal. You simply
don't bank a plane when you want to make a 1° heading adjustment.

<<