On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 09:06 +0000, Pete Morgan wrote:
> I just noticed the info below about localiser on the "Flight Simulation
> Naviagtion" site
> http://www.navfltsm.addr.com/
>
> Is there an easy way to determine is the NAV is a Lcoaliser, I cant see
> that in Prop tree.
>
> pete

Localizers are found on a few of the NAV frequencies:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_landing_system#Frequency_list

Here is a nasal function to determine if a frequency is a localizer.  It
accepts a frequency in megahertz and returns "1" if the frequency is an
ILS frequency.

var isILS=func(freq) {
  if(freq < 108.10) return 0;
  if(freq > 111.95) return 0;
  var bar=int((freq+0.001)*10)-int(freq)*10;
  return(bits.test(bar,0));
}