Hmm perhaps I spoke too soon about fighters in my last reply.
Now it sometimes happens that a fighter with 2 or 3 moves
left will wait in a city if the user does a goto 1 tile out
of the city. It is very odd in that it appears to happen
only some of the time :?. In fact, once I must have done the
test with twenty fighters before I gave up thinking I was
crazy. But having reloaded the airtest savegame it happened
again soon afterwards. I was also able to make a bomber with
two moves and zero fuel wait in a city by making a goto to a
tile beside the city.