Hi,

> Gesendet: Samstag, 25. Juli 2015 um 14:15 Uhr
> Von: "Michael T. Pope" <mp...@computer.org>
> An: freecol-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: [Freecol-developers] Installer fail [was release DHYB]
>
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 08:26:18 +0200
> win...@genial.ms wrote:
> > please try it again. Its not running through for me.
>
> FWIW I can run "ant dist" and have an .exe built without complaint.  The
> website is still down to http, but I now have sftp access (with "sftp
> <user>,free...@frs.sourceforge.net") which is an improvement on yesterday.
> I have uploaded the exe to a newly created "prerelease" directory at the
> top level there if you want to try it.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike Pope

I tried to find it, but it neither was on SF downloads nor on www.freecol.org?
Or did you mean I shoud install sftp and try to log in to the webserver,
I dont even know if I need admin status there?
Anyway, I tried again and this time it halfway worked using "ant dist".
The other time I was using another ant target to only create the windows
installer.
I found .zip, src.zip, installer.jar and installer.exe, even an freecol.app
folder,
although there scrolled 2 errors through the console (the translation thing and
some new one).
- the .zip looked alright
- the src.zip contained all kinds of wrong stuff like www.freecol.org, netbeans,
freecol and unused folders and even a compiled FreeCol.jar,
  * this definitely needs some tweaking in the build.xml to prevent that before
    the release (or as temporary fix manually delete unnecessary stuff from the
    src.zip after building and before uploading)
- the installer.exe
  * it cleanly installed
  * it did not contain much unused files (besides the linux desktop file)
  * it still got the known problem of not adding the uninstaller to the list in
    Windows system control of installed programs you can deinstall
    updating izpack may help, but I would like to avoid doing it before the
release
  * the start menu contains the uninstaller, but its hidden in Windows 8
    if you dont have an extra start menu utility installed, like I have
  * the icon of the optional desktop shortcut looks ugly, as if only a low res
    version got packaged, but that is only a very minor problem

I still would like to add to the build.xml to get the developer.pdf included,
but am not sure if it will work easily.
Trying the jsmooth options changer GUI program is another thing I still want to
do.

Greetings,

wintertime