Or there's a bunch of irate terrorists/loonies/freedom fighters that hijack the Islamic cause because they can't stand America(ns) and want to hurt us as much as possible - pursuing 'death by a thousand cuts' and know they can rile up the locals to act/riot/revolt.

Or has this theory been discredited.

Robert C