Curious. Isn't the proof of Godel's theorem a special case of this?

As I understand it, the proof is this:

Consider the statement: This theorem is not provable. If it is false, the
theorem is provable. Since 'provable' implies true, this is a contradiction.
Therefore the theorem is true, which means it is true and not provable.

The genius in Godel's method is that he created an isomorphism between the
domain of the previous paragraph, and arithmetic, and the isomorphism preserves
truth and provability. Thus the above theorem corresponds to a statement in
arithmetic that is true and not provable. What is this statement, you might
ask. Well, evidently it is far to complex to compute or write down (although it
would be interesting to see if more powerful computers or quantum computers
would change this.)

Anyway, that true but non-provable theorem shows that number theory (aka
arithmetic) is incomplete -- that's the definition of incomplete in this
context.

--Barry