The implied division of labor in the preceding is that science figures out
what the forces of nature are and how they work; engineering uses that
knowledge to manipulate those forces (for the benefit of mankind). Would
you say it differently?

*-- Russ Abbott*
***  Professor, Computer Science*
*  California State University, Los Angeles*

*  My paper on how the Fed can fix the economy: ssrn.com/abstract=1977688*
*  Google voice: 747-*999-5105
  Google+: plus.google.com/114865618166480775623/
*  vita:  *sites.google.com/site/russabbott/
  CS Wiki <http://cs.calstatela.edu/wiki/> and the courses I teach