Laurent,
All I know is that when I had a similar problem last year, I called A/C and the very next day a box was here via Airborne and I sent it out the same day...Got it back 2 days later.....Called Mon....box arrived and sent Tues...Pismo was back Thurs at about 2pm w/ a new player unit....Although the original was the Mit and the replacement was an LG that works fine...Call A/C this am and you should get the box tomorrow...provided that Airborne does Sat delivery in your area...(Wash DC ?).. The place you went to evidentally doesn't stock the players and has them shipped from Texas...HTH
Regards,
Mike K

Laurent Daudelin wrote:

After starting to experience a CD that wouldn't mount on the desktop when
put in my Pismo, but would perfectly mount on somebody else Pismo, and since
my AppleCare coverage is running out in mid-December, I decided to pay a
visit to MicroCenter here, in Fairfax, VA.

I explained the problem and they said they would order another one for me on
AppleCare. What got me upset is that they quoted me 4 to 8 business days
before receiving the replacement DVD-ROM module. But worst, they insisted to
keep the one I had for the exchange. That's bad because if I ever need a CD
in the coming week, I'm SOL. It was working fine with most CDs, just a new
one I got 2 days ago.

So, is that what is expected from an Apple Service Provider?

-Laurent.