Laurent Daudelin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>After starting to experience a CD that wouldn't mount on the desktop when
>put in my Pismo, but would perfectly mount on somebody else Pismo, and since
>my AppleCare coverage is running out in mid-December, I decided to pay a
>visit to MicroCenter here, in Fairfax, VA.
>
>I explained the problem and they said they would order another one for me on
>AppleCare. What got me upset is that they quoted me 4 to 8 business days
>before receiving the replacement DVD-ROM module. But worst, they insisted to
>keep the one I had for the exchange. That's bad because if I ever need a CD
>in the coming week, I'm SOL. It was working fine with most CDs, just a new
>one I got 2 days ago.
>
>So, is that what is expected from an Apple Service Provider?

  The 4-8 days seems a bit high to me, but I--fortunately--have little
experience with Apple Service Providers.

  As to having to leave the old module, I would expect that from most
repair services.  They don't want to order a part and then be stuck with
it if you never return.  I suspect Apple will reimburse them for the part
if/when they return the broken one, so if you don't leave the old part
and don't return then they might be stuck for the price of the part.

  One solution might be for you to offer to leave a deposit in lieu of
the module, to be refunded when you return.

-Jeff    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--
"You can't brew a premium lager with a kool-aid mentality."  --Harold Green
in _The_Red_Green_Show_