On 9/12/05, Martin Knoblauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >  Another thing may be the new AIX metrics code. As far as I know it
> > has
> > > not been committed to CVS. I also remeber it needed some minor
> > changes
> > > in the framework. Which means testing ...
> >
> > Do we want to have a release candidate when this is put in?  (e.g.
> > 3.0.3-rc1, 3.0.3-rc2, etc.)
> >

>  Do we actually have enough [interested] testers for such a formalized
> process?

Maybe, maybe not?  We can try contacting people via the website and/or
mailing list (mailing lists?).

If not, we'll just release it as is and mention that if it doesn't
work, here's what might have broken it, please help us fix it.

Would the AIX metrics code in any way fix ix86 users?  I would assume
not, but...

Ganglia 2.x.x something is in Debian -- maybe collaborate with people
there and see how many users use it (or don't use it).

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents