On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sam,
>
> Rather than argue about the existence and interpretation of messages
> about squashing stale podlings, how about this adjustment to my
> presentation:
>
> 1. OK, let's forget about dumping aged podlings

We have quite a number of "aged podlings" with no activity and AWOL
mentors.  I don't want to forget about that.  I continue to want to
focus on that.  Not on tossing, or allowing to continue indefinitely,
or graduating prematurely.  Instead I want to verify that the people
who signed on as mentors, presumably in good faith at that time, are
still on board.

> 2. The third option I presented was 'graduate with an asterix'.
> However, I didn't really intend to claim that no other possibilities
> existed. Another possibility is 'remain under the supervision of the
> incubator PMC but with more autonomy.' I could elaborate, but I'd
> rather see if there is a remote consensus to go in any direction like
> this.

You want to see if people will agree to sign a blank check?  My
suggestion is that you present a more concrete proposal than "more
autonomy" if you want people to agree to it.

If the net result is that "aged podlings" can live comfortably in the
incubator indefinitely, then this is not a proposal that I can
support.

- Sam Ruby