On 1/9/2012 7:04 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> I don't think Wookie should graduate, but it certainly shouldn't be
> kicked out (and I don't think it will be). However, as I not above
> incubation may be holding it back. The question for me is, can we do
> more for projects that are in this position?

What if we had a generic five para pledged/statement on accepting new
contributors and pmc members?  Have the podling's PMC members go on
record, on the dev@ list, confirming they are committed to that policy.

Totally voluntary, but if they do so, trust and verify later on after
graduating them.  Any project which fails to bring in new committers
dies of atrophy eventually, and the board is more than willing to
flush and reconstitute a fair and functional PMC when the existing
one isn't functioning correctly.

Presuming there is a large enough base PMC, we could promote a number
of podlings which suffer under the incubation 'almost ready' cloud.