Daniel-

If you have these concerns about mentors, a TLP proposal, or even an
active TLP substantiated only by private information: notify the board
via board-private@. That's why it's there.

The proposal accuses mentors of selling influence, and acting contrary
to the foundation's interest. That is by definition a problem to which
we react, with proof of guilt. "Proactively" treating volunteers as
suspect demands that mentors prove their innocence. Assuming guilt is
not "proactive," but uncivil and immoral.

There are also practical objections. Every IPMC member has a binding
vote on decisions made by the incubator, period. IPMC members may
voluntarily recuse themselves, but a policy that suppresses the votes
of "suspicious" groups is invalid.

The TLP resolution is only recommended by the IPMC. Anything achieved
by this proposal is better implemented by the board considering that
recommendation in context- including evidence provided privately- and
rejecting improper proposals with actionable feedback to the PPMC. -C