Hi Justin,

> On Mar 29, 2019, at 7:24 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The  Netbeans RC is an interesting one as they:
> - Have made several releases before.
> - Have been given advice from the IPMC on serious issues and what to fix.
> - Looks like nothing has been done to correct those issues.

I think this in incorrect. There is only one issue that I know of that seems to
have been closed before being resolved
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1820
While this issue is only three months old, it should not have been closed.

> Now I know we’re trying to be more lenient on releases but we still have to
> draw the line somewhere and this is not their first release. The the binary
> in source code,

The binaries have been discussed in detail and from my read of their analysis,
there is good reason to include them.

> license issues

The license issues have been discussed in detail and from my read, there is
good reason to include them.

> copyright issues on the cute cat and rabbit photos [1] probably mean that
> they cannot put that release in the ASF distribution area even if they do get
> 3 +1s without legal and infra approval.

We have to look at risk here. Is there a risk that the owner of the images is
going to make trouble?

> What do other IPMC members think?

I think that if others want to dig into the details, I would encourage them to
do so. But at this point, I do not believe that the issues you raised warrant a
-1 on the release.

Craig