Hi Justin,

> On Mar 30, 2019, at 2:06 PM, Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>>> copyright issues on the cute cat and rabbit photos [1] probably mean that
>>> they cannot put that release in the ASF distribution area even if they do
>>> get 3 +1s without legal and infra approval.
>>
>> We have to look at risk here. Is there a risk that the owner of the images
>> is going to make trouble?
>
> Professional photographers are generally protective of their work given it
> how they make a living.

Absolutely. But professional photographers more likely object to use of their
work in commercial settings.

What I suggested in my comment on the JIRA is that this issue must be resolved,
by either getting permission from the owner (perhaps Oracle did this already?)
or by removing the file from the release.

Craig