on 1/3/02 5:31 AM, "Stefano Mazzocchi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Exactly, ignoring M$ doesn't make it go away. I would say the opposite:
> there are tons of companies that base their document systems on M$
> software and would like to move to a more open world but they simply
> can't afford loosing the legacy data, so their managers decide to stick
> with M$ stuff.
>
> I would say that an exporting tool would rather do the opposite than
> encourage people to use M$ software, would encourage much more those who
> already use it to get away from it.

Based on the ranking that it is at now, keeping the project at sourceforget
clearly doesn't hurt it at all. I don't see that as a reason to move it to
the ASF.

> I'm not part of the Jakarta PMC (even if I've been) but I am an ASF
> member, which is even a higher status community-wise.

> Please, explain why you think my community sponsoring wouldn't be enough
> as a warranty for your vote.

You need to be willing to step up and help integrate their project into the
ASF. In other words, you (or another PMC member) needs to be willing to
watch over the project. Based on your past history of appearing and
disappearing (and the fact that you aren't a PMC member anymore), I'm not
confident that you will stick around long enough to make sure that they
integrate well and play well. What happens to their project when you decide
you don't feel like keeping an eye on them anymore?

-jon