2008/6/13 Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> In this instance, it's the "pulling teeth" to get info on a claimed known
> bug from PMS folks on pkgcore, while at the same time, complaints about
> the non-clarity of PMS is met with remarks (by the same group of people)
> of (paraphrased) "filed a patch yet?"

In the case of the pkgcore bug, there was an objective statement of
the fact that a bug existed, including simple instructions for
reproducing it (which were dismissed by a certain person claiming he
had already done so and found no bug  - clearly a lie).  In the case
of PMS, we have vague ad-hominems - not even "complaints about the
non-clarity", which in any case would be highly subjective, but just a
shrill "inacceptable".

> The problem is that this hasn't been the only case.  There's a pattern.
> It /frequently/ takes a day or two's worth of mails to get any decent
> info out of this paludis/PMS lead, with him claiming it should be
> obvious, but it's not, and while even the slightest criticism the other
> way is met with filed a patch yet?

The pkgcore was (or should have been) highly obvious to anyone who had
so much glanced at the offending code.

> It's not just pkgcore either, it's two of the three current PMs having
> problems, with the "One True Way" that everyone with any sense must
> /surely/ see is superior (or so it seems the thought is) gets filed a bug
> (or patch) yet if met with any criticism as well, from the same folks
> that it's like pulling teeth from to get any info from them.

I can't even parse this sentence.