Fernando J. Pereda wrote:

Just to pour some oil on the flames -

Then don't do it. You are doing a very bad marketing for the pkgcore guys with your whinnings.
Dude. Shut up.

I'm not a pkgcore guy. If anything I'm a portage supporter. That I accidentally host pkgcore.org doesn't mean I'm "one of them".

Y'all are aware that paludis can't parse a valid make.conf and does ignore package.keywords at times, yes?

Test case is:

FEATURES="strict" # test and stricter fail

in make.conf ... if you had the tests you claim others lack that would have been fixed a long time ago.

Yes, we are aware of that bug in a feature we consider highly experimental.
Hmm, I'd have guessed config files are moderately relevant. And why don't y'all fix a bug like that? First you insult others for not doing tests, then you show a lack of tests and are proud of it. Augh.

You are amusing...
Hey, I gave you a testcase - now fix it, chop chop!