Mick wrote:

> This is how I have configured per package FEATURES here and it seems to work.
>
> For example configuring ccache for large packages which take days to emerge
> on
> an old PC:
>
> # cat /etc/portage/env/ccache.conf
> FEATURES="ccache"
>
> Now I need to point particular package(s) to it:
>
> # cat /etc/portage/package.env
> app-office/libreoffice ccache.conf
> www-client/firefox ccache.conf
> www-client/chromium ram_limit.conf ccache.conf
>
> If I want more packages to use ccache.conf I add their name/version in the
> /etc/portage/package.env file.

I just tried copying your way, except for the setting I want, and it
didn't work.  I'm wondering if it just won't do this particular setting
for some reason.

I've tried having package.env as a file and as a directory.  It didn't
like either way.  Either it can't do this or I'm missing something
really simple here.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)